Friday, January 27, 2012

I hate cookies.

UGH. I recently decided to cut down on my sugar intake. as I was driving to work, I got a phone call. this question was asked: "what are you doing?" and what was I doing? chowing down on CHOCOLATE CHIIPS. IN MY CAR. seriously addicted to sugar! ouch!! so out the door. refined sugar gets the boot.

agave nectar is my new schteez.
now you should pose this question: "yes, Lauren, but how does one replace dry sugar with liquid sweetener?"
and I will answer in this fashion: "well, dear listener, for every 1 cup of sugar replaced, use 3/4 c of agave. also buy Babycakes by Erin McKenna, owner of Babycakes NYC (vegan, mostly sugar free, mostly gluten free, kosher, blah blah blah)."
This replacement can be tricky though, because you should then lower the other liquid content in the recipe (like the milk-ish liquid) by 1/4 c, but do not lower the oil. this is why i hate cookies. without sugar to make it crunchy, it becomes a cakey sponge. a delicious sponge, but a sponge nonetheless. and thats not what you want to eat when you have the urge for cookies!!
so i have no solutions for you. im stuck. if you can help me, please do.
end.

No comments:

Post a Comment